Physio by Video (Tele-health)
What is it?
We are excited to offer Tele-health physiotherapy. This service involves the delivery of rehabilitation services over telecommunication networks and the internet. It allows us to see patients when they are unable to come see us in person.
This service includes consultation and visual assessment of your injury, education, self management ideas, referral (if appropriate), exercise prescription and progression, and a video exercise program which will be delivered to your email. It is also a great choice for injury prevention consultation and to help you with any sport or dance related technique questions.
How does it work?
1. Make an appointment (by email, phone or on-line booking
2. We send you an email when it is time for your appointment.
3. Open the email subject line "Video Consultation with Physiotherapist Name".
4. Click on the link in the email to enter the Online Portal to join our Physiotherapist in a online video session.
5. If you are not connected at your appointment time the therapist will call you by phone to discuss any issues and help you connect to the session.
You and the therapist can see each other on camera and speak to each other in real time. The therapist can direct you to perform movements necessary to see how your injured body site is moving to help in diagnosis and exercise prescription. The therapist can demonstrate exercises for you and view you your performance of them. The therapist can show you videos of exercise demonstrations as well.
What do I need?
1. Computer, lap top, tablet or smartphone with internet capability, forward facing camera and microphone.
2. A valid email address which you can access to receive your access link for the online session.
3. Google Chrome or Firefox browsers works best. Download it free at: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
4. It would be helpful if the space you have available during the session allows for you to complete your home exercises (floor, bed, mat), should you wish us to view you performing them.
5. Appropriate clothing such as shorts/tank top so that we can clearly see the body part we are treating.
6. You can test your computer camera and mike/speaker capabilities by clicking on this link https://test.webrtc.org/
Is it safe?
The online platform PhysiTrack which provides the software we use for our Video Conference sessions is HIPAA compliant, secure and encrypted. That means that our video chats will be confidential and protected and will NOT be recorded and will NOT be kept in the cloud.
Fees/Payment methods for Video-Physio sessions?
$40 for 15 minute session
$70 for 30 minute session
$25 for every 15 minutes after that
Payment can be made by phone with your credit card.
Direct billing for this service is currently approved by most extended health benefit insurance providers at this time due to COVID. Please check with your provider if you have any concerns regarding your plan or give us a call to discuss your plan.
Motor vehicle accident and WCB visits are reimbursed directly by the Insurance Provider at their discretion. Approval from your insurance adjuster must be obtained prior to your visit. Please give us a call so that we can contact your Insurance for their approval.