Treatments During COVID Pandemic
Dear Friends and Patients of Recovery Pointe Physiotherapy:
We would like to update you on the changes and protocols we have put in place to maximize patient and staff health and safety during the continued COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Therapist will wear surgical mask continuously.
2. Hand sanitizer mandatory at entrance and exit of appointment for both therapist and patient.
3. Patients will be asked to wear a mask or can purchase one for $1.
4. Treatment room and all equipment will be sanitized between each patient with hospital grade disinfectant.
5. Hepa-filter air purifying towers with UV sanitation.
6. Social distancing measures in place in clinic at all times.
7. Increased space between beds, limited number of patients in clinic at a time.
8. Consent and insurance forms are now all on-line and will be emailed to patients before their appointments.
9. Free appointment cancellations to encourage self-isolation when patients feel ill.
10. Option of Tele-rehabilitation visits. See your physiotherapist via video session from the comfort of your home.
To learn more click here.
New Recovery Pointe Physio Protocol for In-Person Visits:
1. If you arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment please wait in your car as the reception area will be closed to respect social distancing. Please proceed into the clinic via main entrance at or within 5 minutes of your scheduled appointment time.
2. COVID Screening Questions will be asked of each patient entering the clinic space.
3. Please wear a mask to your appointment. If you do not have one you may purchase one for $1. You will be asked to hand sanitize before and after each appointment.
4. We will continue to waive our cancellation and rescheduling fees for the duration of the COVID pandemic. Please cancel, re-schedule or try a video-session if:
You have been or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19;
You have returned from travel outside of Canada within the last 14 days
You or anyone in your close social circle are ill;
You are immuno-suppressed;
You have been in contact/live with someone who is on quarantine due to a potential exposure to COVID-19.
You are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
5. We ask that any accompanying visitors wait in the car during your appointment. Only one parent/guardian may accompany children or patients requiring assistance.
6. To promote social distancing, our reception staff can best be reached by phone. If we don’t already have your insurance and/or credit card information on file please call us to provide this information before your appointment. We prefer contact-less payment via credit card or Visa-Debit.
7. Please come changed to the appointment or bring clothing to change into that allows injury site visualization.
Please note: Failure to comply with the new protocols will prevent us from providing our services. Patients exhibiting any symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment when their symptoms resolve. As the situation is constantly evolving we will change our protocols accordingly to best adapt to the circumstances.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we continue to put patient and staff health and safety first and strive for the highest standards in hygiene and health safety during this difficult time.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!